Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2008 World's Biggest Fish Fry



Ha-Ha.......I live in Paris, Tennessee and you do not. You don't live in the city that hosts the World's Biggest Fish Fry, but I do. This is the only week throughout the entire year in which I am proud to be in Paris, TN. It's fish fry week. Here's a snippet of what you will be missing.



First of all the big day is Friday. This is the parade day. Now, Macy's may have us on the numbers, but our show is light years ahead of Macy's. We have the Budweiser Clydesdales. We have crappy high school bands. We have the fish fry court (I married a former fish fry court girl). And, for the 5th year in a row, we have rain in the forecast.



Another highlight throughout the week is the rodeo. I went a couple of years ago, but I have not been back since. I got really drunk and dressed up like a cowboy. I had the hat, the tight ass jeans, the boots, the whole thing. Hell, I even think I dipped tobacco that night. But best of all, is that I took the PETA role and cheered for the cows. I think I will go again, but in normal clothes this time. Take that back, I think I will go in tight jorts (jean shorts), a Pantera t-shirt, and dirty white high top sneakers. I only wish I had time to grow a mullet.



Don't forget the fair. I cannot lie, the corn dogs, the funnel cakes, and the candy apple is the highlight of the week for me. I don't like the carnies, but the before mentioned foods make it worth going to the fair. There are two things I am afraid of: nuclear war and Carnies. Circus Folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands. But I don't care who you are, if you serve food like that, I'm buying it. Hell, I'll even throw 20 bucks at your dirty rides and risk my 3 year old getting typhoid.



Last, we have the actual fish fry. I think it lasts all week long. Supposedly they cook 12,500 pounds of catfish. I have never been to or seen this part of the festivities. But rest assured, the proof is in the smell.

So there it is. These are some of the festivities that my family and I will be partaking in. I will try to have photos and a recap at the end of the week.

0 comments: