Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thank You, Thank You Very Much

As you all know, I was nominated Husband of the Year in 2007. Let me tell you, it has been life changing. So much is expected of me now, and it is very difficult to be a role model to all of the other husbands out there. But I have embraced the challenge and if every other husband could learn just one thing from me, the world would be a better place. I did feel the readers of this blog should know a little bit about who I beat out for this prestigous award. These men are just as deserving as me and are also great role models to try to emulate.

3rd runner-up goes to Arjana Fatmire from Albania (pictured below). This picture was taken after a hard day's work. Even though Arjana was tired, he still found it in himself to lead his wife back to the homestead and keep her out of any harm's way.



2nd runner up goes to Dragimir Miloje from Serbia. Dragimir portrays his selfless qualities in the picture below. Dragimir is also a very hard worker, but he didn't let that stop him from being that great husband. Everyone knows the tractor rides bumpy, so Dragimir allowed his wife and aunt to ride in the back and rest after a hard day's work.



And last, we have Arlen O'Connell from Ireland. I barely beat out this man for the award and the picture below is just one of the many illustrations as to why. In this picture, Arlen not only gives his wife the majority of the beer, leaving himself only enough for a small beer buzz, but he also remembers to hold his wife's hand. Arlen is a great man and this leaves me baffled as to how I beat him out for Husband of the Year. I will wear my crown gracefully and remind myself that Arlen has set the bar pretty high for being such a great husband.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that pic with the firewood had me rolling!